
Poster Credit // Julia.~ @ SFI
CHAPTER ONE
***
Although, it was the first day of school, I was late. I've never been late for school in my life. I was always anxious for school due to Kan, but without him it seems pointless.
The sun is shining brightly today she thought to herself. She stopped in her tracks and looked up to the sky. Oh Kan, if only we could be together...she thought as she clutched on to her back pack straps. She put a hand in front of her eyes to block the golden rays from her face. What am I thinking? There is only one way we can be together...those words echoed in her mind.
I averted my gaze away for the sky to the rooftop of the school. Only one way I reminded myself. I had to let a slight smile out at the thought. Could I??
Everyone was in school no one would notice, right? My stomach was filing with butterflies as I started to run. I was so excited like a kid on Christmas morning. I continued to run until I burst through the front doors. Luckily it didn't make too much noise. I looked to my left and right, everyone was in class.
I slowly walked up to the front desk. No one was there...strange, but okay.
My shoulders started to burn. Aish! I yelled in my mind, this back pack weighs a ton. I quietly slipped it off and with my foot slid it under the desk. Should I duck under the window to homeroom or run past it? Why do they put a window where the students can see the hallway, anyway?
I don't have time to ponder. I started to run.
Meanwhile (in home room)
"Hello everyone. I'm am your new homeroom teacher, Jae Joong. We have a new student, Lee Joon, treat him well." the student like teacher said while Joon bowed.
"Yes, teacher!" everyone agreed with a bow.
"Take your seats." he replied. Joon gave a nervous look as he walked to his desk..
All the students took their seats leaving one unfilled.
While the new teacher was writing something on the black board, a small petite girl leaned to the girl beside her, "Hyo Min, where's EJ?" the short haired girl asked, while looking to the empty seat.
"I don't know Boram...we texted last night and she said she was coming." Hyo Min replied in a confused tone. Boram's eyes went wide, "Did you hear that?" she whispered.
"Hear what?" Hyo Min asked, keeping her eyes on the teacher.
"Hey, since when have you ever payed so much attention in school?" Boram asked softly.
"Excuse me, is my teaching interfering with the two of you?" Jae Joong asked in a calm tone.
"Sorry, teacher." They replied. "By all means, continue with what you were talking about." he said in a cold tone while leaning up agaisnt his desk and crossing his arms.
Hyo Min suddenly stood up while gliding her hair behind her ears.
Joon turned to look at the student. His eyes were glued to this girl.
Her beautiful figure, her hands, her long brown hair, and her baby pink lips.
"Teacher, we were talking about our friend EJ..."
"And this was worth disturbing my teaching?" he asked.
"Excuse me, but no one told you to stop your teaching!" Boram hissed while she sprung out of her seat.
"Boram." Hyo Min pleaded.
"Go On." the teacher said in a defeated tone.
"Well, her boyfriend died a few weeks ago and she has been in a slump ever since..." Hyo Min said.
"Yeah, she never misses a day of school. We are just worried because she isn't here right now, we didn't mean to interrupt your teaching." Boram apologized.
"When did you last hear from her?" he asked in a calm and caring voice, which shocked both of the girls.
"Last Night." Hyo Min said.
"Mmm...I'm sure she is fine."
"But.."
"Take your seats. Oh, and I'll see you both in detention later. Now class..."
"What was that?" Boram asked in a panic while looking through the window.
"Huh?" Hyo Min suddenly glanced at the window as well, but all she saw was an empty hallway.
"This is going to be an interesting school year," the teacher sighed "What is it now?"
"It looked like a woman just ran past the window..." Boram answered.
"There is a guidance counselor at the front desk, it was probably her."
"No, the guidance counselor was leaving her desk as we came in." Boram replied.
"No? It can't be..." Hyo Min gasped. Boram nodded.